Monday, July 7, 2008

Home Again

I made it back to Arlington yesterday afternoon. After dining on German food for two months, Cindy expected that I would have a desire for Mexican food and so had tamales ready for me last night. Good call. Cindy, the boys, and I exchanged 'news.' Their worlds went on without me - amazing. I fear that I am becoming increasingly irrelevant. I am writing this at my office. I caught up with colleagues and, while I have been having what I considered a unique and incredible adventure, it may be a minor blip compared to all that has happened here. It seems that everyone has traveled far and wide. While I am glad for them that they are enjoying themselves, once again, my own estimation of my self-importance is somewhat deflated.

After diner, it was amazing how quickly we settled back into normal routines and accepted roles. Some routine is good but some is not (ruts?). I am going to try to resist waiting around for something to happen by simply watching TV. This trip has been wonderful and rewarding but professionally and personally. The overall lesson that I learned and hope to implement is that, life is too short to sit around and wait for something to happen. It is not that difficult to make something interesting happen. It takes a bit of coordination with others, but the rewards are there.

This is the last post on this blog. I hope you all enjoyed the photos and my stories. There is a chance I will return to blogging in the Fall on a professional economics blog but we will see.

2 comments:

Globalcounterfit.com said...

: INDICA, MARIJUANA STRAIN, Marijuana,SMOKE,BLUNT
,420,WEED,SATIVA, INDICA, Buy
Strain, STORE Tags: BHO, Blackberry
https://www.buycannabisonlineshop.com/
kush, Blue Dream, buy edibles online reddit, buy legal weed online, buy marijuana online, buy marijuana online texas, Buy real marijuana,buy wax oil ,online, buy real weed
https://www.buycannabisonlineshop.com/
online, buy skunk online uk, Buy synthetic weed online, buy weed online, buy weed online texas, Buying weed online, Can you buy weed online, cannabis for sale texas, dispensaries that ship out of state, Girl Scout Cookies, Green crack, is it legal to buy edibles online, weed for sale online California,buy weed Australia,buy weed Canada,buy marijuana Europe,buy weeds Colorado,buy cannabis now,buy high grade medical cannabis online,buy Afghan Kush
https://www.buycannabisonlineshop.com/
online,buy Og kush online, buy cannabis oil online,shop weed online, cannabis dispensary.
https://www.buycannabisonlineshop.com/product-category/weed-strains/

Xuba said...

Cryptocurrency is an online Trading network where by an individual invest a certain amount of purchased coin's and earn a formidable return by just sitting in front of your MOBILE / PC. Here is a chance to learn on how to mine your Bitcoin To earn up to €13,000 even with a capital of €1000
NOTE; THIS ISN'T JUST BITCOINS OR IT SCAMS❌.
ITS CRYPTOCURRENCY ONLY💹☑️☑️
DM THE ADMINISTRATOR@
Email: (bitcointrade965@gmail.com)