Wednesday, May 21, 2008

My Apartment

The apartment I am using is part of a guest house run by the University of Mannheim. It is about as I expected - nice enough but not overly luxurious. It is less than five minutes walk to either the university or the ZEW.

Here is the kitchen. It is small but bigger than I need. The lower art of the cabinet on the right is a refrigerator.

Just across from the cook area is a small table and two chairs.

The first thing you see when you enter the apartment is the desk. The kitchen is to the left and the living room/bedroom is to the right. If you look closely at the laptop in the photo, you can see that I am trying to find a wifi network. Alas, I have not been able to piggyback off of any of the wifi networks that my laptop finds. Like many people, I have to do my surfing at "work."
The living room has some nice storage units that will go unused.
Here is my bed, to the right of the storage unit photo. There is a cupboard for cloths on the left and a closet for hanging things on the right. The bed is comfortable enough. Or, perhaps I have just been so jet lagged. I slept 11 hours again last night.
The outside of the building is really rather "nondescript." I am on the third flight up, the second from the top floor pictured here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It reminds me of my 2nd year dorm as an undergraduate. Hope your having a good time.

Tim Wunder