Thursday, May 29, 2008

Work Progress

I checked my work from yesterday - some minor mistakes that I have fixed. And I have written the code that attaches the institution key to match from one dataset to the other. I forgot, and this is really dumb, that I also need to match on journal. The whole exercise is that some institutions have access to some journals at a point in time. So, I have started to aggregate all of the cited references and parse the fields into cited year, author and journal. This is a computer intensive task and I have just set the other computer to work on this all night. After this, I will have to again map all of the misspellings of journal names into a common format for merging. This will not be as tedious because there are at most 300 relevant journals whereas there were 2,500 research related institutions. Progress is being made.

4/5

No comments: