Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Travel Plans - Wien, Milano, Zürich

Next week, I am to go to a conference on "Endogenous Growth" in Milano on 5-6 June. On, 2-3 June, my hosts at the ZEW will be "evaluated," meaning that I could easily find myself "in the way." So, this was a good time to tack on some site seeing. I spent a couple of hours yesterday making travel plans. I intend to get maximum use out of my Eurail pass. So, on Sunday, I travel to Wien (Vienna) for three days before heading back to Milano on 4 June for the conference. The hotel in Wien, in particular, looks quite charming and was a steal. Since I will have effectively gone around the Alps to get to Milano, on the way "home" to Mannheim I will spend 7 June in Zürich.

This is roughly what my route looks like.

I am open to any suggestions about what I should see in these locales.

No comments: