Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Traveling to Mannheim

Oh the Joy. I think that there was one empty seat on my flight to Frankfurt, and it was next to me. When you are 6' 3", this is like winning the jackpot. I might have even got two hours of sleep.

Going through passport control and customs was a breeze as it usually is in Frankfurt (economies of scale?). The train station at the airport is cool.

Flughafenbahnhof Frankfurt



The train station in Mannheim is more traditional.

Hauptbahnhof - Mannheim Central Station



I got to the ZEW at about 13:30, Irene introduced me to my new colleagues (so young) and I tried to maintain coherent conversations about their research. Better luck tomorrow. I got keys to my apartment, unpacked and crashed for 2-3 hours. After that, I had to force myself to stay awake until a decent hour by getting up and walking around the city. I will post pictures of the apartment tomorrow.

No comments: