Sunday, May 11, 2008

My Hosts

I will be "visiting" the Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) group of the Center for European Economic Research, in German, Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung. Everyone calls this ZEW, pronounced zed-eh-veh and not zee-eee-double you.

The individuals I will be interacting with daily are pictured below. I have met many at previous conferences but some are new to me (mostly those on the left side of the picture below). I have been trading emails with the head, Irene Bertschek, second from the right below. Daniel Cerquera, on the far right, and I met last Summer at an ICT conference at ENST in Paris. Jörg Ohnemus, fifth from the right, and I have met a a few ICT conferences in Europe. At earlier ZEW conferences on ICT, Katrin Schleife and Margit Vanberg (6th and 4th from the right) helped me keep from getting lost and played gracious hostess on excursions to historic sites around Mannheim.

No comments: