Saturday, June 7, 2008

European Football Championships

I did not realize that when I booked this stop in Zurich, that it would be the opening day of the soccer championship hosted in Zurich featuring the Swiss national team. Needless to say, it has been kind of crazy here. Lots of fun. Lots of streets blocked off for pedestrian carnival antics. When you arrive at the train station, you see this huge statue inside the entrance.
Every kiosk selling beer, and there are dozens, has a TV and a crowd watching the game.

And here I am at the fanzone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dr Ward,

I am so jealous that you were at Zurich for the Euro 2008. I have been following it very closely especially since I am huge fan of Holland. It must be a party central in Germany. Soccer=more beer. Enjoying all your travel stories.

Darshak