Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Work Progress

Success! I finally got the data to match. I now have a dataset with the articles from 80 top economics journals from 1985 to 2007 written by folks affiliated with the top 500 or more institutions worldwide and can tell how many of their references were available through JSTOR. My rudimentary empirical work indicates that articles with more references available through JSTOR both have more references (indicating that JSTOR affects citation patterns) and are themselves cited more often (indicating that JSTOR increases the "quality" of an article). To do is to see if JSTOR increases article output or not and to do all the econometrics right (lots of fixed effects).

Before that though, I need to ship off the matched data and the data description to my coauthor. This task will wait until tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow, I will present my "Video Games, Violence, and Crime" here paper at the ZEW tomorrow afternoon.

5/5

No comments: