Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Zürich in 24 hours

I am a little late in posting but I have been busy. The train ride through the Alps was amazing. I doubt still pictures could do them justice. (Also, the window was somewhat stained.) I just could not imagine how rugged the terrain would be. My hat is off to Hannibal. The other aspect that this California boy kept marveling at all that water. Every crease in every cliff had a waterfall.

I got to Zürich at about 1pm and did the walk about. In the afternoon, I got caught up in the football match. I did go to the usual sites and got some of the usual photos. The city (at least the old city) is on either side of the Limmat River flowing out of Lake Zürich and there are a number of canals running through the city. Water is a major theme. And clocks. And hills. I also tried to get away from the commotion and was rewarded with quieter locations that were very pleasant.




Zürich is beautiful and expensive (Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills has nothing on Bannhofstrasse).

No comments: